Monday 10 March 2014

What a pair of booties!

I have recently been inspired to get back into doing some crocheting.  I enjoy this much more than knitting and these days there are so many good books available to fill you with inspiration.  

I have just invested in this Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques which I am finding very informative and easy to follow.  I like the fact that as well as having written instructions there are diagrams of the stitches so you can see where they sit in relation to one another.


I began crocheting in my early teens doing things like granny squares and lace doilies.  This blanket with the little houses was made nearly 30 years ago and still gets plenty of use on a cold winter evening.



My latest achievement is a pair of baby booties!  I wanted to try something small and something that I thought wouldn't take too long to make.  I made these in an afternoon following a tutorial on YouTube by the "Crochet Jewell".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgW37g74oLU

The tutorial is nice and slow and easy to follow.  I put my own spin on my booties by adding a picot edge around the top in white and added gingham ribbon.

Happy crocheting!

Crafty Tash





No comments:

Post a Comment