Monday 17 March 2014

Time to try Zentangle



Never afraid to learn something new I am giving Zentangle a go.  Its reminiscent of school days when I used to doodle on the corners of my notepads.  Zentangle is the lastest craze in crafting and easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.    These are my first attempts.  It should carry a health warning as it is quite addictive!  

All you need is some Sakura Micron pens in various thicknesses, some paper, perhaps a stencil or two unless you are particularly good at drawing outlines and some time on your hands.  I got ideas for the patterns by Googling "Zentangle images".  

I used a black pencil to lightly shade in some areas and smudged the pencil with a paper stump.  It is pretty hard to see on this image how effective this was but trust me, it looks good.

I now know what I am going to pack in my holiday bag along with my Kindle this summer.

Happy Crafting, Crafty Tash


No comments:

Post a Comment