Wednesday 16 November 2016

Die'sire Die - Create a Card Christmas

These are some of my favourite Create a Card Christmas dies brought out this year from Crafter's Companion.  They measure 5x5 so great for the smaller card and there are also die sentiments that are 5x2 to use with these. You can view the complete collection here.

I have found these dies cut well and can be used in a variety of ways to create different style cards so today I am sharing with you the different ways I have used them.

The first is created using two pieces of card that have been joined together by overlapping them. You can purchase cardstock for this particular style card which I am longing to get hold of although you would need to use a machine where you reverse the feed so you didn't squash the already cut and embossed design the other end!  A machine operated by hand would work or the new Gemini electric machine.

I cut both elements out onto two cards before I joined them together.  This way the embossing is equally visible on both cards.  I then cut another in blue cardstock and made it slightly larger than the area it would sit on so that it would bow forward.  The panels on the half sides were backed with blue cardstock so that the centre of the card is hidden until the moment the card is opened.  





This card shows how the die can be used in the centre of the inside of the card.





This card illustrates that some cards can be simple but equally effective with the addition of some printed cardstock stuck to the inside of the card.





Here I have demonstrated how the 5x2 sentiments work well with these dies and fit nicely together on an A5 card.  I made the wreath some time back and didn't know what to do with it.  It seems to work really well placed on this card.






The sentiment has been used underneath the Create a Card die.  I prefer it below as in this example.  I have used navy cardstock behind the white card and decorated the card to add that wintery look with snow.




Here I have used Kraftcard and die ink to highlight the edges.  I saw a card similar to this which sold the dies to me.  Kraftcard can be very effective on cards and it works particularly well in this colour scheme.






Well this is the collection to date.  Like I said I am really pleased with these dies.  The designs are clear and cut particularly well in my Craftwell Cut 'n' Boss machine.  The embossing stands out well.








No comments:

Post a Comment